So normally I don't make New Years Resolutions, I think it is setting your self up to fail, plus I am lazy, too lazy to make a list and way to lazy to do the stuff on the list, but this year several of my friends had made resolutions and a couple have made some pretty long lists and it made me think, and how many things in my life I would like to change, now don't get me wrong I am happy with my life...VERY HAPPY, but I just want to better myself in a few ways and I thought if I posted them here it might help me to keep them on my mind and help me to make the changes in my life that I need/want to make...
1. I want to go back to school--even if just for one class at a time, I miss learning new things and challenging my brain.
2. I want to try new things--I have always been the type of person who is pretty much up for anything, as long as it sounds fun, or sounds good...well I want to try new things even if they don"t necessarily sound good, who knows where it could lead I may find something I love...so I want to take a cue from my best friend and try everything at least twice...
3. I want to speak my mind--some of you (well most of you) are under the assumption that I already do that, well I do most of the time, but there are times when I don't for various reasons (I don't want to hurt someones feelings, I am to scared, I figure it's not that big of a deal to just "let it go") and lately it has been eating me up not to say some of the things I have been thinking and feeling so I want to be able to tell people what I am thinking and how I am feeling, so I don't keep holding it in until it eats away at me
4. I want to lose weight--don't get me wrong I am happy with how I look (except the saggy boobs), and Robert loves the way I look (even the saggy boobs), this is not a looks thing, I want to be more healthy, I want to have more energy, I want to be able to buy clothes at any store, and be able to shop here in town instead of having to drive at least 30 min. just to get clothes, I want to be able to pick up a pair of jeans for less than $50.00...clothes for my size cost a fortune...
5. I want to try and spend more quality time my girls--lately its homework, dinner, a little bit (very little) of play time, bath, bed for Bobbie and nap, dinner, a little bit (very little) of play time, bath, bed for Krista....I miss them I love to play with them to see them smile, to hear about what happened during Bobbies day...to watch them interact with each other...I just miss them and I am afraid time and the stages that they are in are just going to pass me by...
6.I want to listen better to others-- I want to take what they have to say into consideration, When I get something in my head a lot of times I tent to get so focused on what ever that may be that I "steam roll" over everything and everyone else...
So anyway, those are the things I hope to change in my life, you are welcome to add more if you can think of any, and I may or may not agree, but I will listen... ( I hope...lol)
Friday, January 16, 2009
Resolutions....better late than never...
Posted by mom of 2 wonderful brats at 2:09 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I think they are great, especially spending more time with the girls, that is something that makes memories. I only have one more you might want to consider, and that might be spend a little more time with your Mom, she won't be here forever, and I here she is a pretty cool person, or at least she tries to be. xoxoxoxoxo
Good luck, it is so hard to change the way we are used to doing things and living life. It's worth it though!
:)
I'll make sure to nag you every step of the way... And help you accomplish those things you want to try...
(hugs)
Post a Comment